In order to be eligible to fish the Colorado youth championship, youth 11 to 15 must be an “active” member of at least one of the established Colorado TBF youth clubs
- Only 1 young angler will qualify in the 11-15 age group to fish the Junior World Championship.
- Each club is responsible for providing a boat for every contestant that enters the Qualifier.
Youth Championship Rules / Format
- Qualifiers will be paired randomly prior to the tournament start date
- Qualifiers will “not” be allowed to fish with an angler from their own club if at all possible.
- There will be a 5 keeper limit for the Colorado Youth Championship
- Only “Keeper” bass (Smallmouth, Largemouth, Kentucky Spotted at 15″ or larger), will count for weigh-in”
- The heaviest total weight will advance to the TBF National event to represent Colorado!
Youth Championship Rules
- The Colorado TBF Youth Championship will abide by all Colorado TBF State Team Qualifying rules, except for those rules that do not apply to this format or those rules that are obviously in direct conflict with these rules stated herein”coloradotbf.com” tournament rules.
- State Youth Director decisions are considered final say on any issues that may arise
- Nets will be allowed. Boaters are allowed to net fish “only if requested by youth angler with the fish”
- Boaters will be paired with youth by tournament officials and will not be paired with “their” club youth if possible.
- Boaters can help the youths, in the locating, suggesting of baits and netting of fish. Boaters cannot cast or reel in a fish for the youth.
- Qualifiers must wear their life jackets “when the combustible engine is running” during the tournament hours.
- Boaters will run the trolling motors for the youth. A boater is encouraged to allow the youth to run the trolling motor if the youth is capable and experienced to do so.
- Qualifiers will fish from 5:30am (“safelight”) to 2pm. for the championship
- “Protests” (must be in writing), about boaters or other contestants, are to be brought to the State Youth Director’s attention immediately upon reaching weigh-in. Any protests after weigh-in will be accepted, but “may not” be acted upon.
- This tournament is to have fun and be safe while learning the skills of bass fishing. There will only be one winner in each age group. We are all winners as long as we are out fishing.